When it comes to writing university admission essays, the task may be challenging. You may find yourself sitting in front of your laptop for hours, trying to pick the essay topic or choose the right idea to support your argument.
While grades and test scores are crucial factors in the admission decision, selective universities like Harvard or Cambridge increasingly rely on personal statements as a way to figure out which student to accept and which to reject. The truth is: a good application essay may become a ticket to your successful future!
TO A COUPLE OF DAYS.
FROM SKILLED PROFESSORS.
AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY
Conquering the application essay
Imagine you are on a university or graduate school admission committee. Hundreds of essays are lying on the desk in front of you: some essays are mediocre at best; some are utterly boring; but most just typical: photography / cheerleading / 19th century British literature (underline as applicable) = my life. So what makes an essay stand out? And how to avoid some common mistakes which make a personal statement look exceptionally ordinary?
Four tips to create a winning essay
- Choose a topic you are passionate about. Focus on a specific experience you’ve had and how it changed you. Remember: your essay should grab the attention of the committee’s officer and keep it grabbed from the beginning till the bottom line.
- Use your own voice. Anyone can write about their study abroad trip to Spain or a volunteering day at the animal shelter. Reflect on what you have learned from this experience and how it is related to your future plans.
- Think about the reader. Put yourself in the reader’s shoes and ask yourself a few questions about your statement of purpose. Does it capture the reader’s attention? What does it say about my personality? Are the ideas structured in a coherent way?
- Proofread. Writers are usually unable to notice all grammar and spelling errors, so having a parent, or a trusted teacher proofread your personal statement will double the chance of catching any mistakes. Keep in mind that the best essays are read and then edited, again and again.
500 words which will help you get into university
Between study and work, you may struggle to stay awake, let alone write an essay that strikes a chord. Add to this the deadline which is approaching and day-to-day stress which comes with every new coursework. And if it happened that you’ve spent the whole day watching all 17 episodes of ‘Stranger Things’ on Netflix and completely forgotten about the essay deadline, don’t worry: our experts are here to help!
How it works
- Work2.me is a writing service which provides you with academic help whenever you need it – whether you are just picking a topic for your essay or already proofreading.
- Our team is comprised of carefully selected academic writers competent to cope with any writing task – from short essays to postgraduate research papers which will take an average student months to complete. But the main thing about our team is that we truly enjoy writing.
- With our writers’ skills and professional experience you can be sure: your essay is in safe hands! Tell us the topic, deadline, word count, upload any additional information to better understand the assignment, and make a purchase online.
- You won’t find even the smallest typo in the essay we created for you. ‘Why are you so sure?’ you may ask. Unlike cheap essay writing services, our experienced editors and proofreaders carefully review every order regardless of price and type of text.
If you are stuck with an essay, remember that you are in a good company: buy an application essay from Work2.me and make time for the things you love!