You found the job of your dreams. You’ve created your perfect resume that will impress your future employer. You feel like this is exactly the job that you’ve been looking for so long. But there is one more thing that keeps worrying you. A cover letter.
A cover letter (or a motivation letter) is a document that goes together with your resume; and is a way of introducing yourself to your future employer and explaining why you are a good fit for the position. A cover letter allows employers to screen job applicants and make the process of choosing candidates easier and more efficient. When writing a cover letter, you can rely on yourself and your writing skills, or, if you are not sure, seek professional help from Work2.me writing service. Our authors have created thousands of cover letters that have helped job applicants from all over the world get their dream jobs!
Cover letter: format & structure
A cover letter is a one-page document which has a certain format and a set structure. Although you certainly can get creative with it (and you should!), there are several elements that you should include in the cover letter. Here is the plan of the cover letter that you may follow while working on your own one:
- Header. Begin your cover letter with your and your employer’s contact information (name, phone number, email, and address) and the date.
- Salutation. Address the person you are writing to (for example, ‘Dr. / Mr. / Ms. Williams’). If don’t know the employer’s name, write ‘Dear Hiring Manager’ rather than an old-fashioned and a formal ‘To Whom It May Concern’.
- Opening paragraph. Start with a hook to make the best first impression on the employer. Explain where you heard about the position or state one accomplishment from your previous job or tell the employer that you are excited about the job and the company.
- Main part. In the main part, write about why you are interested in the position and talk about the skills and qualifications that make you a perfect candidate for the job. Be specific: use examples from your previous jobs to prove your accomplishments. You can divide this section into several paragraphs.
- Closing. Restate how your skills make you qualified for the position. Express your willingness to schedule an interview and thank your employer for his / her consideration.
- Formal closing. Add a complimentary close (‘Sincerely yours / Yours respectfully / Thank you / Best regards’ etc) and your name.
Writing a cover letter: best tips
It’s close to impossible to find a job applicant who can write a perfect cover letter from the very first attempt. So if writing a cover letter seems not manageable, don’t worry – things usually do not work out the first time. Keep practicing and follow the tips for writing a cover letter that Work2.me experts have shared. Or order a cover letter form Work2.me professionals and make time for things you truly love!
Tip 1: Use a killer opening. The opening sentences of your cover letter must convince the employer that you are a perfect fit for this position. Just imagine how many cover letters the HR team has to read every day! Although there are several elements that you have to include in your opening paragraph (the position you are applying for; your past accomplishments), try to do it in an attention-grabbing way.
Tip 2: Customize your cover letter. Tailor each cover letter to a specific position you are applying for. Each job requires different skills and values different qualifications, which is why it would be totally inappropriate to use the same cover letter for all positions.
Tip 3: Don’t be like everyone else. A hiring manager isn’t looking for phrases like ‘I’m a proactive, goal-oriented person and I am a perfect fit for your organization’. Instead, be as specific as you can and provide evidence for your achievements. Some examples of this are the number of projects you’ve successfully completed; or the names of some workshops you’ve attended. Try to be different!
Buy cover letter online from Work2.me writing service
If you are reluctant to spend hours in front of your laptop trying to create a cover letter that will get you a job interview, then Work2.me is the best solution! Throughout the years, our experts have created thousands of cover letters that helped job applicants from all over the world achieve their goals. All you need to do is share with us some basic information about yourself that you would like to include in your cover letter, and we will do the rest! Here are a few advantages that make Work2.me writing service stand out:
- We hire only professional dedicated writers with degrees from top US and UK universities and native English. They have a clear understanding of what an ideal cover letter looks like!
- Easy to order: get your cover letter in a few clicks!
- We guarantee full confidentiality, on-time delivery, and affordable pricing for each client.